[ExI] Bell's Inequality

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 12:28:58 UTC 2016

On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 10:08 PM, John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 9:54 AM, Jason Resch <jasonresch at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Are you familiar with:
>> https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compatibilism ?
>>

> ​"​
>> They define free will as freedom to act according to one's motives
>> without arbitrary hindrance from other individuals or institutions.
>> ​"​
>>

> ​Why the distinction, what difference does it make if the
> hindrance
> ​ comes from other individuals ​or from the basic laws of physics? Either
> way my will is throttled, I can't do what I want to do.

### If the restriction comes from individuals, your social threat detector
module is appropriately activated, and will give you useful guidance on
what to do to these individuals. If the hindrance is baked into the basic
laws of physics, the social threat detector is useless, instead you have to
use the physics module. In the context of this thread it is important,
since the physics module does not think about your will, free or not free,
it just shuts up and computes. The social module however runs uselessly
around in circles trying to do the job of the physics module, wondering how
quanta impinge on will.

One needs to keep one's modules on a short leash, and make them do only the
jobs they were trained for.

Rafal