[ExI] math education

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 15:21:35 UTC 2016

About which I know nothing.  But - I read awhile back that the New Math was
a disaster.  That was long ago, but are they still teaching that?

Then I read that kids should not start with arithmetic, way too hard, but
with algebra - or something along that line.

Now you may know math but little about math education, but I am asking
anyway - just how should math be taught, and when?

When I went to college, psychology could not be taken by a freshman.  As a
psychologist I can tell you that there are some parts of it that can be
taught to kids in kindergarten - and should be.  Maybe math shares some of
that thinking.

bill w