[ExI] Tabby's star

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 18:21:43 UTC 2016

On Sat, Dec 10, 2016 at 6:56 AM, Rafal Smigrodzki <
rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> wrote:

​> ​
> taking aliens at Tabby's star seriously would require believing that
> aliens, who built tens of millions of Dyson spheres in our galaxy in the
> last couple of hundred million years, have failed to manifest in other
> ways. We failed to notice 100 000 Dyson spheres in our neighborhood? Did we
> fail to see the multiple Dyson spheres in the surrounding 100 light years,
> at our doorstep? We found 28 planets (!) in this area and failed to see the
> Dyson spheres?This strains my credulity.

It strains my credulity too. If
​ ​
a structure
​ ​
ET
​ ​
built
​ ​
is responsible
​ ​
for
​ ​
Tabby's star
​ ​
odd behavior then the builders must have advanced Nanotechnology, so why is
the thing so small? With technology like that
​they​
 could engineer the entire Galaxy in less than 50 million years even if
their space probe
​s​
moved no faster than our own
​ did in the 1970's​
. And although
​certainly ​
strange Tabby's star doesn't have the stereotypical signature of a
megastructure
​ ​
like a
​ ​
Dyson Sphere, the ET theory must be tweaked to fit appearances and that's
never a good sign. What about the idea that it
​ ​
appears the way it does because of a dense bunch of particles in orbit
around our own sun between us and
​T​
abby's star
​ ​
in the Kuiper
​ ​
Belt or Oort Cloud? That  would easily explain the lack of infrared
radiation.

> ​> ​
> I am willing to take a bet up to $1000 at 10:1 odds against me that in the
> next year there will be no peer reviewed confirmation of alien activity at
> Tabby's star, or anywhere else in the universe.

​There is no way I'd take that bet!​

​ John K Clark​