[ExI] Tabby's star

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 18:18:51 UTC 2016

On Sun, Dec 11, 2016 at 4:47 PM, Stuart LaForge <avant at sollegro.com> wrote:

​> ​
>> Maybe the aliens aren't expansionist.

​
They're expansionist enough to take apart an object the size of Jupiter and
use the matter in it to build an energy generating structure around an
entire star, but apparently not expansionist enough to go one step
further!  They must have Nanotechnology so why isn't the entire Galaxy
engineered?  OK so perhaps the Tabby's star
​ ​
ET's are just shy weirdos, but if we have really found something like a
Dyson Sphere so close to
​the ​
Earth just by looking at one very small patch of sky then hundreds of
thousands or millions of other civilizations in the Galaxy must have that
technology too; is every single one of them also a
​shy ​
weirdo?

On Mon, Dec 12, 2016 at 12:05 PM, Rafal Smigrodzki <
rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> wrote:

​> ​
> ### In thirty five years I will be probably frozen at Alcor.

​Me too.

  John K Clark​