[ExI] ovaricicle

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Dec 15 22:36:30 UTC 2016

So this child was sick, had an ovary removed and frozen when she was aged 9,
became a mother 15 yrs later:

http://reason.com/blog/2016/12/15/former-cancer-kid-puts-ovary-on-ice-just

OK cool, now, we can easily imagine that such a procedure could be routine,
since ova degrade over the years, and plenty of women just don't hit their
stride during their reproductive years.  We know we can freeze embryos, but
they need to be fertilized.  So with this tech, a teenager could get an
ovary frozen, then later, even after her normal reproductive years, the
ovary could be re-implanted, her own ova extracted, fertilized by a partner
chosen after she knows what she is doing, better outcome perhaps.