[ExI] Bell's Inequality

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 09:56:17 UTC 2016

On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 8:36 AM, John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 12:45 AM, Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> There is not one speck of evidence that the human brain uses any sort of
>>> quantum process in its information processing
>>
>> You are trolling, aren't you?
>
> Trolling?? I know it's difficult for you Adrian but try not to be a total
> jerk, I've been posting on this subject on this list for over 20 years.

Yes, thus why I found it so odd that your prior responses on this
topic delved into word twisting and nonsequitors.  At least this time
you responded to what I actually said, for which I thank you.

> Max Tegmark
> has calculated that if 2 electrons in a microtubule
> become entangled they would become unentangled in less than a
> picosecond
> and that's far too short for structures as large as those in the brain to do any quantum logic processing. Light, the fastest thing in the universe, moves about a hundredth of an inch in a picosecond.

A hundredth of an inch is larger than many neurons, and only a
fraction of that distance need be traversed to affect potentials.
Quantum interactions can influence when and whether specific neurons
fire, though the collective result is no more superpositioned than
Schrodinger's cat - and, just like with the cat, the possible
resulting states are constrained by the medium through which this
influence takes place.