[ExI] whence will learning come

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Dec 23 21:16:24 UTC 2016

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace
Sent: Friday, December 23, 2016 1:03 PM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: Re: [ExI] whence will learning come

>>…I would like to hear BillW’s take on it.  spike

>…When I am teaching they'd better not be on simplenudes.com <http://simplenudes.com> .

Thanks BillW!  I’ll be back in a few hours.  Or perhaps days, but this other stuff you wrote is interesting too.

>…Let's take Pavlov:  classical conditioning occurs with or without conscious effort to put something into memory…BillW

I am tempted to agree.  If there is a passive path to learning, I don’t think it has been discovered.  Our technology for teaching has improved dramatically, but it still isn’t really to where we can play our way to smart.