[ExI] he said what????

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Dec 31 02:43:20 UTC 2016

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes
Sent: Friday, December 30, 2016 6:36 PM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: Re: [ExI] he said what????

On Dec 30, 2016 4:59 PM, "spike" <spike66 at att.net <mailto:spike66 at att.net> > wrote:

I can think of a way to make money on this.  Create a device which records location as a function of time, perhaps with some kind of biometric sensor to verify it was you carrying your device.  It would create counter evidence against bogus video.  It might later be a cool archive to have: where you were and when since way back.

>…I built such a system.  We got very few orders, and the startup essentially folded for lack of revenue…

Mighta been a kind of market timing thing.  If there is an explosion of awareness that anyone can create a video of you that looks genuine, then that might create sufficient demand for the product.  Your device might have been years ahead of its time.