[ExI] head transplant again

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 13:15:33 UTC 2016

On 2 February 2016 at 10:17, Brian Manning Delaney  wrote:
> El 2016-02-02 a las 08:00, colin hales escribió:
>> Some days I wish there was a "like" button here.
>

> Was thinking the same thing in response to Max's post (thus, also: "like!",
> or "meta-like", to your post!). Interesting -- though of course in no way
> surprising -- how social media are rewiring us in so many ways.

Of course there is still debate about how much 'you' will still be
'you' in a different body.
The ethics crowd have already been having a go at the problem.

Suppose a 10-stone weakling gets a 20-stone testosterone-charged body.
How will he change? And vice-versa.
Or a body with allergies? Or muscle memories, like piano-playing, or
tap-dancing, or much increased / reduced sex drive? Will left-handed
become right-handed?

I would expect changes to personality, so that in a few years the
patient will be a different 'you'.

BillK