[ExI] Google’s Go Victory Is Just a Glimpse of How Powerful AI Will Be

Brian Atkins brian at posthuman.com
Tue Feb 2 14:58:53 UTC 2016

On 2/1/2016 10:00 AM, Robin D Hanson wrote:

> If this is a big deal commercially, it is odd that release of this news didn’t
> bump the google stock price, nor the value of the tech sector as a whole. Not
> sure it has bumped the price of any identifiable related commercial sector.

I believe the market had a down day last Wednesday, however GOOG outperformed
the market average that day. And on the days after that it also outperformed
most stocks, to now become the most valuable company according to some news
headlines I saw yesterday. It looks like for example it significantly
outperformed AAPL in the time period since this Go news broke?