[ExI] disgusted with Windows

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 01:34:58 UTC 2016

OK, so I was a fool and downloaded Windows 10, which was described as more
of a bunch of fixes than a new operating system.  Result:  many blue
screens of death.

Computer shop said that the log, or whatever it is, showed a Norton driver
to be the cause, and so I had them uninstall it.  Norton claims that
Windows 10 and Norton 360 are compatible.  Horsefeathers.
They are, however, discontinuing 360 and offering a new version.

I am so disgusted that I may switch to a Mac.  But that would be a big
change.  I am 74 and have never been a patient person, so I am asking just
how much trouble it is to switch to Linux.

Any of you done that?  Of course if you have been using Linux for a long
time then you might not be the best person to ask - or you may be.  Advice
please!

Switch to Mac, switch to Linux, stay with Windows and the new Norton

bill w