[ExI] need a new word/suffix

Brian Manning Delaney listsb at infinitefaculty.org
Tue Jan 12 20:48:11 UTC 2016

Yes to the German(ic) gluing together of words! Odd that we still carry
with us the Norman-French sense that things southern European are
"finer". But "otherhatred" is a perfectly clear and useful word.

And yes to phonetic spellings, though it will likely never happen. If
only Noah Webster had been more radical. (Actually, he didn't push
certain more radical reforms because he thought they'd be rejected, not
because he wasn't radical.)

> I am not even sure about the dash, but having a colon/semicolon under
> the right youngest finger is keyboard design flaw.  That’s where the
> shift key should have been placed, but was not because of mechanical
> limitations when keyboards were those clattery things you young guys may
> have seen in the movies.

Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator helps. I'm not sure it can help one
reprogram the location of the shift key, but I created my own custom
keyboard years ago to improve upon other design flaws of standard
keyboards. Have to readjust when using normo-keyboards, but that's a
rare event these days.

- Brian