[ExI] Longevity Day and Longevity Month - October 2016

Anders anders at aleph.se
Sat Jul 9 19:54:03 UTC 2016

On 2016-07-09 18:48, Keith Henson wrote:
> In my case, you have decades of my postings and I can date when I
> started taking nicotinamide ribosid by my first order.  I wonder if
> anyone out there has a way to measure cognitive performance from net
> postings?

Interesting idea. Off the cuff, I found these papers that look at AD
detection from text:
http://vlado.cs.dal.ca/papers/icma05.pdf
http://www.cs.toronto.edu/~kfraser/Fraser15-JAD.pdf
http://scholarworks.rit.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=9737&context=theses
http://www.cs.toronto.edu/pub/gh/Google-talk.pdf

The last one is looking at language used by novelists over time. Things
are clearly not simple, but there are definitely patterns to look for.
The papers also aim at detecting AD *between* people, but clearly one
could make a yearly measure and see how it changes, and if there is a
detectable change point at the intervention.

--
Dr Anders Sandberg
Future of Humanity Institute