[ExI] first robot kill?

Will Steinberg steinberg.will at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 20:01:38 UTC 2016

Quick correction--the Dallas shooter was killed by the C4bot; the Baton
Rouge guy was killed by shooting.

Bill--I would make a substantial wager that the first drone killing in the
United States will be carried out by the United States government itself,
and not foreign belligerents.  So yes, if you count government drone
executions as "used against us", "us" being the people of the United
States, then I agree with you that we can expect that to happen soon.

The use of the C4bot is much less inconsequential than some people would
think, and I'm glad, Bill, that you understand the importance of the
psychic and procedural precedent it sets.  We have now, so quietly that we
who hear had to have been specifically listening for it, shifted into the
paradigm that includes domestic drone executions.  I expect to see more,
especially given the two possibilities for our next president. (Not to say
that Trump isn't MUCH WORSE than Hillary; he is, if only in terms of
proximity to global nuclear war.)