[ExI] net wisdom

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Fri Jul 22 07:37:53 UTC 2016

This is something I have been wondering about too. I am pretty confident
that a fair chunk,  of the conservatism is just biological responses to
having less energy and a lowered learning rate. But I don't know if this
explains most of it. Robin argued that there would be inevitable
conservatism and fragility due to pure learning effects in his book.

There is also the social angle. When you are older you are more likely
to have a position/wealth/status to lose. So that might make you less
willing to take big risks or support social change.