[ExI] old time pugilistic memories

Chris Hibbert hibbert at mydruthers.com
Sat Jun 4 18:02:33 UTC 2016

On 6/4/16 8:48 AM, extropy-chat-request at lists.extropy.org wrote:
> It feels to me like football is now where boxing was in about 1970.

Except old ex-NFLers are a dime a dozen. I'll bet one of the main car
dealerships in your area is named for or owned by an ex-football player.
And how many of the people you know who played high school or college
football shows more-than-normal degradation for their age. There are
certainly a few players who show a lot of damage, but it's not like old
pugilists.

So the damage isn't nearly as apparent. I think the anti-football posse
has a real uphill fight.

Chris
--
I think that, for babies, every day is first love in Paris. Every
wobbly step is skydiving, every game of hide and seek is Einstein

Chris Hibbert
hibbert at mydruthers.com
http://mydruthers.com