[ExI] request to tone down politics, was: RE: Wise...

Anders anders at aleph.se
Sat Jun 4 18:11:49 UTC 2016

On 2016-06-04 14:35, spike wrote:

> I can scarcely imagine what it must look like to outsiders who can
> only look on with dismay.  A country with all those nukes going into
> what looks like internal chaos.

Yup. Does not look good. Of course, over in the UK we have the brexit
nonsense to deal with. But that only reveals stupidity in the ruling
class, not active maliciousness.

Still, trying to steer towards extropian themes: the way of handling
disasters is to (1) avoid them happening, (2) make actions during the
event to mitigate damage, and (3) have good recovery options. It might
be interesting to analyse the problem of political systems going into
headspins this way.

--
Dr Anders Sandberg
Future of Humanity Institute