[ExI] political disaster

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 20:12:10 UTC 2016

On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 4:40 AM, Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
> wrote:

> ​> ​
>> Like it or not there is just no way we're going to convince 7.1 billion
>> people to live a pure libertarian life, so we'll just have to do the best
>> we can with what we have, and one of the things we have is the US
>> constitution. We could do worse.
>>

> ​> ​
> ### I am not completely pessimistic here, once we upload there might be
> some evolution towards more extensive self-regulation of sentients.

​Well sure but we have to get there first. We're not going to have mind
uploading in 4 years and if Donald becomes​

​Commander in Chief ​I'm really terrified we won't even have technological
civilization in 4 years.

Look I entirely understand when libertarians say they don't like the way
things are now and I sympathise, but that doesn't mean we have to fall in
line behind every loudmouthed jackass who says he doesn't like the way
things are now either, because there are a astronomical number of ways to
make things worse and only a very few ways to make things better. A tornado
in a junkyard is unlikely to assemble a 747, about as unlikely as Donald
making things better.

 John K Clark