[ExI] Evolutionary psychology and recent selection was trump

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 22:58:52 UTC 2016

On Sun, Jun 5, 2016 at 1:11 PM, John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:

snip

>>> Nobody knows why but every once in a while highly civilized countries go
>>> crazy,
>>

>> ?> ?
>> I do.
>>

>  I didn't predict the rise of Donald Trump. Did you??

Not Trump particularly, but the kind of potential leader he is and the
circumstances where a band/tribe/nation would follow him.  Gave
several historical examples in my writings over the years, Hitler, Pol
Pot, the guy who touched off the Rwanda killings.  Some of the early
observations go clear back in the late 80s.

I could go over the details again here, but just about nobody takes
this seriously.  And frankly if a few or even a lot of people did take
it seriously, what could they do?  That's the most frustrating aspect
of EP, you can understand the problems and what it would take to fix
them, nicely even, but I, at least, can't figure out how anyone up to
and including the superpowers could do a damn thing about them.

. . . . that's not entirely true.  Have you ever had a smallpox vaccination?

Keith
PS.  When I was in jail and totally pissed off, I wrote this up as a
piece of fiction.  A little chunk of it, "Tunnel of Love," was up on
the net for something like 9 years, but the entire website went down
and it was not backed up on the internet archive so it might be lost.