[ExI] Circumcision

Will Steinberg steinberg.will at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 14:49:52 UTC 2016

Regarding suffering and forgetting it: consider twilight anesthesia.  When
you get your wisdom teeth pulled they dope you up hard on a combination of
opiate painkillers (fentanyl) and anxiolytic GABA agonists (midazolam).
Midazolam is also a potent producer of retrograde amnesia.  You are aware
the entire time they massacre your mouth, but you forget.

What are the morals of that?  It squicks me out for sure.

I'm circumcised and I think it's kind of cool to mutilate your genitals
just to separate your clan from others, but I'm also a wack job and
obviously biased and unable to view the other perspective.

I think it's fucked up.  There's a guy at the University of Chicago where I
went who protests every day against circumcision.  He has a lot if good
info--they used to do female circumcision at the U of C hospital until the
SEVENTIES--that's cutting off the clitoris.  If that's true it's fucked.
It's fucked in general.

Did anyone else here go to my school btw?