[ExI] LIGO found a second Black Hole collision!

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Jun 16 03:16:18 UTC 2016

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of John Clark
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2016 7:21 PM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: [ExI] LIGO found a second Black Hole collision!

After analyzing the data from LIGO's brief engineering run the scientists there just announced they have found a second Black Hole merger. …. I can't wait for September when the 2 LIGOs get back online and are joined by a third detector, VIRGO in Italy. Spike's right, this is a great time to be alive!

http://journals.aps.org/prl/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevLett.116.241103

 John K Clark

Oh my, ja, this is a total orgasm of a time to be living if one is the kind to get jazzed by this sort of thing.  Oh so exciting.

John the joy of LIGO compensates for the dread I am feeling about the next US president (no I don’t want to restart that distasteful discussion (but would be pleased to discuss more the LIGO results.))

If these LIGO results are correct, we must rethink dark matter and we must go nuts trying to explain why we saw two biggie mergers in just an 18 day window.  They are apparently way more common than current theory holds, which is exciting indeed.