[ExI] outrage

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 00:59:07 UTC 2016

Is there more outrage today? How can figure out if there is more and how
much more?

I'm bringing this up not to be snarky, but because it seems like many
questions start from a presumption that there's more (or less) X today
without really showing any good evidence that this is so. For instance,
talking with people at a meeting recently they were surprised when I said
that two big trends that are really great (IMO) is the overall global
decline in poverty and violence. They simply didn't think either was true
and thought things were getting worse on all fronts -- save for technology.
(They were both technological optimists, but otherwise seemed pessimistic,
which puzzled me.)

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my latest Kindle book, "The Late Mr. Gurlitt," at:
http://mybook.to/Gurlitt