[ExI] What is religion? What is god was The Meaning

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 21:45:29 UTC 2016

The question remains as to why this particular class of memes spreads
from person to person or down the generations.  I make a case that it
is ultimately due to the practice of the winners of a conflict taking
the young women of the defeated as wives and additional wives.

Keith

Now this is very interesting.  I would assume that once a tribe got a
religion it would just continue by tradition.  But I have trouble with the
idea above:  I would assume that a young woman captured would be forced to
assume the religion of the new tribe.  Maybe some contamination by the
meme.  Now when an entire people are conquered and they are forced to the
new religion, I can see that.  Prominent feature of Muslim history.

Why a meme spreads is not my field.  Well it is, sorta, as it includes
persuasion and attitude change.  People want myths, theories, religions
that explain the world.  No mystery here.

bill w