[ExI] A Paranormal Computer

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 06:06:41 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 1:00 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> If the guy who wrote the game were to share the code for how to count the
> Fs and the Js, I could write the algorithm and probably code it in
> JavaScript, if that is what he used.

Yeah, he did.  And since it is in JavaScript, all you need to do is go to
http://people.ischool.berkeley.edu/~nick/aaronson-oracle/ and View Source
(probably accessible by right-clicking if you're on a laptop/desktop
browser).  It looks like all the code is in one page; a brief and lazy scan
didn't detect any includes or API calls, though I might have missed some
(because, again, lazy).

It's more complex than it needs to be; there are much more streamlined ways
to detect when the keyboard presses F or J.  Once you have those interrupts
up, you just need to have said interrupts count up, then call the
prediction algorithm (which is also in JS) and pipe its output to the page.