[ExI] Alexander Chislenko article on English Wikipedia in danger of deletion

Mike Linksvayer ml at gondwanaland.com
Sun Mar 6 18:34:54 UTC 2016

On Sat, Mar 5, 2016 at 1:38 AM, Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com> wrote:
> Also, if there is that much bigger of a crowd, then how about recreating the
> page, with a bunch of links to sources that are not his works in any way,
> shape, or form, but are talking about him and what he did?  Although, if you
> can't find many...that's the reason why the article got deleted: others, who
> hadn't heard of him before, couldn't find them either.

Indeed. I posted here on the chance that someone here might be
familiar with such works about him and what he did.

There's still a corresponding Wikidata item (much lower threshold for
inclusion) at https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q4718596

Adding statements and references there would be most helpful for any
article re-creation on English Wikipedia, or creation on any other
language edition.

Images and other media uploads to https://commons.wikimedia.org are
also helpful, if and only if you're the creator or can document
permission from the creator.

Wikipedia (language editions each have slightly different policies,
but I think broadly similar) reliable sources policies do reinforce
preexisting publication biases. Ignore trash talking, that's the real
issue. It impacts vast swathes of potentially encyclopedic topics,
e.g., non-western history. It's also a hard problem to solve.

Above holds for any topic of interest. I just happened to notice the
Chislenko deletion notice.

Mike