[ExI] bees again

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 22:26:28 UTC 2016

BillK wrote:  Perhaps humans will not react quickly enough to solve these
multi-factor problems.  There are too many different special interest
groups opposing each
partial solution.
-----------------------------
You are a Congressman.  The fellow in front of you, smiling and shaking
your hand, is a big source of campaign money.  There are lots like him too.

But you are representing thousands or even millions of constituents.  What
about them?  Too abstract.

In Mississippi (elsewhere I just dunno - did not Google it) a legislator
can use campaign funds for ANYTHING - trips to Florida, cars, mortgage
payments.  (Big series in our local paper on this).  We are judged the most
corrupt state in the US.  Our ethics commissions etc. are a joke.

Maybe it isn't this bad in DC, or maybe it's worse.  I dunno.  But fixing
campaign financing would seem to help us all and cost us nothing.  Who is
going to lobby for this besides Ralph Nader, Consumer Reports, and the like
- in other words, not contributors?

We don't like what is going on in Washington.  Trump shows us that in
spades.  I would not vote for him for dogcatcher, but we do need someone(s)
to radically change the way our representatives do their business.

bill w