[ExI] quote for the day

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 00:04:20 UTC 2016

On Mar 23, 2016 4:23 PM, "spike" <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
> If so, does not bitcoin enable kidnapping?

No more than money and the ability to negotiate do.  In fact, arguably
less.  "Sure, nobody can trace your Bitcoins...despite them having a full
history of transactions, so we just need to tell law enforcement to be on
the lookout for ones that were transacted from this address at this time,
which details the victims will provide in the hopes of getting their money
back and/or extracting revenge."

> And would not it create special opportunity targets of the families of
people known to hold bitcoins?

Any sufficiently wealthy person or group can purchase Bitcoins with minimal
difficulty.  The bar appears to be below the threshold where there's enough
money to bother with kidnapping.  Very few people kidnap the homeless in an
attempt to profit.