[ExI] quote of the day

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Thu Mar 24 21:42:30 UTC 2016

On 2016-03-24 14:14, William Flynn Wallace wrote:
> Well, my last one evolved to a discussion of bitcoin.  I wonder where
> this one will go:
>
> "There's not a lack of love in the world, but there is a dearth of
> willing recipients and an abundance of hesitant givers."   me

I am reminded of my latest sf reading, "The Affinities" by Robert
Charles Wilson. A personality test can detect which of 22 "affinities"
you belong to, and help you find people you fit with. Imagine being in a
group where people naturally understand you, trust and trustworthiness
is easy... It is an intelligent take on prosocial sorting.

--
Anders Sandberg
Future of Humanity Institute