[ExI] experimental philosophy

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 23:50:47 UTC 2016

On Mar 30, 2016, at 4:35 PM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dan   "merely just psychology"  ???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't mean psychology was of little concern, but that I don't believe experimental philosophy is limited to psychology. Yes, psychology is a big field. I'm also not saying experimental philosophy is bigger. I think it just interfaces with stuff other than psychology.

Many interesting questions or things tend to overlap disciplines anyhow, no? I don't know enough about experimental philosophy to say much about it that regard. In fact, I'm more of a skeptic regarding it. I don't know about what people inside philosophy think about it either. I wouldn't conflate it with philosophy or even with the domains of philosophy of mind or philosophy of psychology either. In other words, even if everything in experimental psychology is wrong or useless, this wouldn't say much about the rest of philosophy -- just as phrenology doesn't tell us much about brain anatomy and phrenology's failure didn't mean all research on brain anatomy should've stopped forever more.

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via:
http://author.to/DanUst