[ExI] relationships with money, was: RE: extropy-chat Digest, Vol 152, Issue 3

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Thu May 5 01:32:33 UTC 2016

There are plenty of examples of contemporary political rhetoric which
ignores this distinction between what we earn and what we own.  Once we
own, it is forever out of reach of the Fed (but not state governments.)
spike

Forever meaning until they decide to change the laws.  I seem to recall
that the estate tax, essentially death tax, was eliminated.  Am I correct?
For myself, I see no other road to bringing down debt than to raise taxes -
a lot. Or we could learn to speak Mandarin so we'll be OK when the Chinese
call in the debts.

 One thing I do like about the Repubs - don't like spending, except for the
Pentagon.  But won't raise taxes even though Saint Reagan did.

bill w