[ExI] Donald Trump
pharos at gmail.com
Sat May 7 23:47:53 UTC 2016
On 7 May 2016 at 22:04, Bill Hibbard wrote:
> A lot of interesting comments on this list about Trump.
> He is one of many symptoms of a global phenomenon of
> social disruption caused by technological change. In
> particular, lots of people are not needed by the
> market, or no longer needed at the price they used to
> get (this also applies in planned economies, which
> ultimately must respond to some sort of "market forces"
> in order to remain viable internationally). Not being
> needed really hurts and makes people crazy.
Dilbert on 'Why Trump will win by a landslide'.
1. Trump knows people are basically irrational.
2. Knowing that people are irrational, Trump aims to appeal on an
3. By running on emotion, facts don’t matter.
4. If facts don’t matter, you can’t really be “wrong.”
5. With fewer facts in play, it’s easier to bend reality.
6. To bend reality, Trump is a master of identity politics — and
identity is the strongest persuader.
More information about the extropy-chat