[ExI] Donald Trump

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sun May 8 19:01:11 UTC 2016

It is not just "putting people in charge". That assumes their job is
decisionmaking, and that is pretty clearly wrong (hang out in a parliament
for a while or read a PoliSci textbook). Decisions are a tiny part of the
job, with much more of it being management, negotiation and (this is a
biggie in democratic politics) representing the viewpoint of the voters. If
I somehow magically (and unconstitutionally) ended up in the White House
and had the right skillset I would still be a disaster since I do not
represent the US people in any sensible way, and I would have absolutely
zero legitimacy. Getting legitimacy, that is actually what the current US
candidate circus is about. Unfortunately for everyone it is not going very
well. anders

Oh, I disagree completely with the last sentence.  This is exactly what
needs to happen to our political parties.  In the four years the Repubs
have ruled Congress they have done nothing to make their campaign promises
come true.  There is not one victory they can claim.  They have bickered
with everyone, mainly themselves.  They needed shaking up badly.

I wish democratic politics were as you say, actually representing the
voters.  They haven't and that's why it's such a mess.  They have been
representing the viewpoints of the rich donors, while Mr Average Voter
could not get two minutes of a Congressman's time.  I imagine the first
question asked about someone who wanted an appt. to be "Is he on the donor
list?l  How much did he give?"

I'd vote for you, Anders, for president.  While you have no obligation to
our voters, you would be determined to do a good job.  Of course Jimmy
Carter wanted to also, but he had no idea how Washington worked.

Maybe I do need to read a pol sci text.  I think it's a huge part of being
on top to choose very carefully the people under you whom you expect to
carry out your programs.

bill w