[ExI] s&p 500 growth, was: RE:

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Mon May 9 01:46:11 UTC 2016

On Sun, May 8, 2016 at 6:30 PM, John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, May 8, 2016 at 8:25 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
>>> …That doesn't count reinvestment of dividends. My 74 fold figure was a
little out of date, from April 1974 to April 2016 it's 75.7 fold.
>>> See for yourself:
>>>
>>> https://dqydj.com/sp-500-return-calculator/
>> >
>> Sure but if you compare them that way, you cannot use current net worth
either.  It would assume the investor never spent any money since 1974.  We
can be quite sure that it wasn’t cheap to send Marla Maples and Ivana
Zelnickova on their way, nor was it cheap to purchase the current Mrs.
Trump.

> OK but  no amount of spin can turn Donald Trump into a brilliant
businessman
> and economic genius, there are billionaires in Silicon Valley and
elsewhere
> that fit that description but Donald doesn't. The best you can say about
Trump
> is he didn't completely blow the inheritance he got from daddy.

His records of bankruptcies -- and walking away from them without incurring
hits to his personal fortune -- seems to speak of his ability to game the
system rather than the kind of brilliance anyone should applaud.

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books from:
http://author.to/DanUst