[ExI] Repudiating the national debt

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Thu May 12 01:00:42 UTC 2016

On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 5:01 PM, John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 11, 2016 Dan TheBookMan <danust2012 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> >>
>>> at there is a 24.1% chance that Donald Trump will be the next
president. And that's way way WAY too high!

>> What's scary to me is that anyone will be president.
>

> I think it's silly to pretend they're all the same.

Note that I didn't write "they're [the candidates] all the same." I wrote
that it's "scary to me is that anyone will be president." Please tell me
you can see a difference.

This seems a habit of yours to rephrase what I wrote into something that's
clearly not in what I actually wrote. E.g., I wrote:

"I do not believe repudiating the US (or any other) national debt would
collapse the world economy."

To which, you responded:

"Other than World War 3 I can't imagine a greater economic catastrophe than
repudiating the national debt, but Trump and Cruz believe as you do that it
would be no big deal."

Where in the FUCK can my statement be read as me claiming it would be "no
big deal"? Please let me know how you got that.

> The probability that you'll be dead in 4 years will be greater if Donald
Trump
> is president than if Hillary Clinton is president, and the probability
you'll be
> poorer will be MUCH greater.

Please clarify those probabilities for me. How do you figure them,
especially since Clinton can be construed as wanting to ramp up conflict
with Russia -- specifically by her wanting to get more former Soviet Bloc
nations into NATO? It's not at all clear whether either, of course, will
carry through on these various campaign promises (or threats).

That said, I'm not unafraid of a Trump presidency -- perhaps unlike Rafal.
But, on the other hand, I've kind of grown weary of the election year
showdown. Please consider this, every presidential election cycle in the US
is seen as the most important choice in the entire history of the species
if no the universe. Note even your rhetoric here: if Trump gets in, there's
a bigger change I will be much poorer or dead. I'm sure I can find plenty
of just as intelligent folks who are anti-Clinton preaching the same sermon
at me. Heck, four years ago, the same was said about the choices then, and
eight years ago the same was said about the choices then. And so on. Do you
see the pattern?

I eagerly await you to misinterpret the above -- after trimming stuff out
to make it seem as if you've reasonably responded to me. :)

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via:
http://author.to/DanUst