[ExI] Security clearances

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sun May 15 20:12:00 UTC 2016

It is not mildly frightening to those of us yanks living in the
libertarian’s worst nightmare, it is terrifying.  We see appalling
stockpiles of nukes being handed over to one of two candidates, both of
whom have demonstrated clear evidence of being authoritarian to the point
of totalitarian warhawks.  The rest of the world has a huge vested interest
in how this comes out.  Can this get any worse?  Eh… ja.
spike

My guess is that no president (or cannot?) do it alone.  They need
backing.  If the Cabinet members and the military all agree with the pres,
then what can one do?  If they all disagree, then I think no pres would
(could?) order strikes.  Maybe Trump would try to go it alone, but I have
to doubt even that.

I would dearly like to see Congress act as a balance here, as they are
supposed to do.  No military action without agreement by Congress.
Otherwise, where is the balance of powers?  Would that take a
Constitutional Amendment?

bill w