[ExI] Will ems have two genders?

Will Steinberg steinberg.will at gmail.com
Mon May 16 04:14:30 UTC 2016

On Sun, May 15, 2016 at 6:52 AM, Rafal Smigrodzki <
rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> wrote:

>  In the meantime I would think that the short-run scenario is going to be
> really short-run, running in internet time on yottaflop steroids.

But then you can't speak as to perception-of-time on those yottaflop
steroids.  Or perception of anything really in any uploading scenario.  And
any mind upload will still have to be faith-based, no? Unless we connect
with mechanical consciousness in a slow way where we can verify our
consciousness' transmigration is successful.  Death still hovers.

But this stuff to me is so foreign, not worth talking about--or, worth
talking about, but as a very very non-serious thought experiment.  Like
people in 3000 BC talking about the future.  And I bet they had lots of
ideas we've forgotten today, being closer to the dawn of self-consciousness
and state-of-nature and all that.  Take some LSD and wonder about this
stuff again.