[ExI] Repudiating the national debt

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Tue May 17 23:18:05 UTC 2016

On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 4:28 PM, Dan TheBookMan <danust2012 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> What do you think would be likely to happen if the US national debt were
> repudiated? What are likely good and bad outcomes? Do you think John's sort
> of meltdown scenario is likely?

### The most prominent outcome in my mind would be the US Govt losing the
ability to continue mortgaging our future to feed today's parasites. This
would not be bad.

I could imagine the following: Patriots are, miraculously, elected to high
offices in sufficient numbers to effect a repudiation of the national debt.
Rather than trying to suck life out of the flesh of our nation to maintain
the cancerous growth in Washington, they would rather let the monstrosity
wither. They would refuse to increase taxes to cover the expenses, they
would slash the budget by 80% and let it go down in (figurative) flames.
Repudiating government debt would be like pouring salt all over the
(figurative) ruins - a long lasting lesson to creditors that lending to an
illegitimate government is not just morally wrong but also a sucker's bet.

Vote Trump! Screw the debt!

Rafał