[ExI] Repudiating the national debt

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Wed May 18 01:50:51 UTC 2016

On Tue, May 17, 2016  Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> wrote:

​>>​
>> What do you think would be likely to happen if the US national debt were
>> repudiated? What are likely good and bad outcomes? Do you think John's sort
>> of meltdown scenario is likely?
>>

> ​> ​
> ### The most prominent outcome in my mind would be the US Govt losing the
> ability to continue mortgaging our future to feed today's parasites. This
> would not be bad.I could imagine the following: Patriots are, miraculously,
> elected to high offices in sufficient numbers to effect a repudiation of
> the national debt. Rather than trying to suck life out of the flesh of our
> nation to maintain the cancerous growth in Washington, they would rather
> let the monstrosity wither. They would refuse to increase taxes to cover
> the expenses, they would slash the budget by 80%

​Budget? Taxes? What are on earth you talking about? You've refused to pay
the debt, US government treasury bonds are now worthless so money no longer
exists and there is nothing to tax. Well OK maybe you could reduce the cans
of beans or number of dead squirrels or whatever is used to replace money
by 80% in the Mad Max world that would follow such a economic catastrophe,
but  there would be no patriots elected to high offices because there would
be no high offices, or low offices, or government, or civilization or much
of anything that makes life worth living.    ​

> ​> ​
> Vote Trump! Screw the debt!

​Yep, t
hat and
​"T
hree cheers for torture
​!"​
and
​"N
uclear weapons for everybody
​!"​
pretty
​much ​
sums up the Trump philosophy. And that is why Donald Trump is a madman. But
never mind
​that ​
the
​man​
​
 with the launch codes is unhinged
​ during the worst economic crises in a thousand years​
, lets talk about what's really important, Hillary's
​ E-mail​
server
​.​

 John K Clark