[ExI] Repudiating the national debt

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Wed May 18 17:42:28 UTC 2016

Trump’s political success is a textbook example of the triumph of style
over substance even among people who like to think of themselves as logical
and scientific; it doesn’t matter if his facts are dead wrong or his ideas
imbecilic or even suicidal as long as they’re said loud enough and with
enough conviction. When Donald puts on his smug Mussolini face what
Extropian can resist his Alpha Male charms even if he wants to kick over
the table, trash civilization, and restart from square one with Og the
Caveman? Well I know of one Extropian that can resist and isn't mesmerized
by Trump. I wonder if there are two.

 John K Clark

The reason you don't see any comments from me is that I am with you all the
way.  You have said nothing that I disagree with and the ways you have
phrased it.  If anything you are too soft on Trump.  I don't get it
either.  My area is personality - persona means 'mask'.  What's behind
Trump's mask?  Nothing.
No substance, just style.  The more outrageous the better, it seems.
Rabble rouser.

bill w