[ExI] chain rule

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Fri May 20 17:30:27 UTC 2016

I could hug that man.  Oh wait, already did that.  He was cool with it.  I
imagine he gets that a lot.

spike

My grandson is taking a totally online course this summer.  May have to go
to the school to take the tests. My question is:  what will perfectly
adequate online courses do to colleges and universities?  What if a person
applies for a job and presents no educational credentials, but can ace any
tests they give him?

Colleges then are relegated to providing labs and such and play little part
in the dissemination of information.  Then, out side of labs, the teachers
are free to write grants for support from gov and business and only have
lab work to do.  Theses and dissertations are done online with online
mentors, who may not be associated with colleges at all.

I think it will take a long time before most of this is free, but I can see
it happening..   An online course may charge if it gets a larger number of
'likes' on Facebook.  What a strange world compared to what we grew up with.

bill w