[ExI] The Unsong

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 11:45:40 UTC 2016

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 5:37 AM, Anders <anders at aleph.se> wrote:

>  we may say that transhumanism is about observer/actors of value changing
> themselves to achieve greater value.

### This sounds like a nice generalization of the usual understanding of
transhumanism.

-------------------

> . Hence transhumanism *requires* the existence of evil, or at least
> not-quite-as-good states.

### You may say that, although on the other hand you could imagine that in
a world containing solely the highest-possible beings in a maximal state of
well-being there would be still a transhumanist (trans-being) potentiality.
If you are maximally improved you cannot further improve yourself but you
may still continue to carry the stern resolution to improve yourself,
should be opportunity arise.

So in heaven there may be no transhumanist actions possible but there sure
should be room for the transhumanist spirit!

Rafał