[ExI] If you built "Westworld" (or other robot sex) it would probably be with VR

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Nov 2 14:27:13 UTC 2016

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Dave Sill

…

http://ideas.4brad.com/if-you-built-westworld-or-other-robot-sex-it-would-probably-be-vr

>…HBO released a new version of “Westworld” based on the old movie about a robot-based western theme park…

Yes, there will be sex

Warning: We’re going to get a bit squicky here for some folks.

>…Westworld is on HBO, so of course there is sex, though mostly just a more advanced vision of the classic sex robot idea…A brave new world, is coming, folks… (article)

Dave there is a ballot initiative in California this time that requires all porno-actors to wear condoms at work.  So, while filming robo-orgies, will the humans playing the role of robots be required to use them?  That would kind of spoil the illusion.

If WestWorld really did come to pass, sooner or later the tourists would try to have the robots do each other, kind of a 3-D realtime porno… em… demonstration?  Just to bring new meaning to the term sex-machine perhaps.  The tech isn’t here yet, so the creation of the movies would require human actors to play robots.  Will the California law require them to use condoms?

Legislators really need to think about these things.  We do.  Far too much perhaps.