[ExI] T​he Libertarian Party's vice presidential nominee

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 13:32:36 UTC 2016

On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 11:24 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> ​> ​
> Is Bill Weld talking to his running mate?
>
> http://edition.cnn.com/2016/10/31/politics/gary-johnson-
> clinton-impeachment/index.html

​Weld was asked that very question and to comment on Johnson's news release
about Hillary. This was his answer:

"I talk with Gary every other day, we’re on different coasts usually but we
keep in touch and -- yeah, no I do not agree with that release. You know in
fairness Gary and I have not agreed on a number of substantive issues in
this campaign"

So yes, Bill Weld does talk to his running mate and is giving him all the
respect he deserves. And this is what Weld had to say about FBI  director
Comey's mysterious statement about Emails  made just 11 days before the
election:

 "It’s incomprehensible, and I can’t see it – Mr. Comey’s got a good
background but there’s nothing there, so far as it appears.  Nothing
there.  So he wrote the letter to the eight Republican committee members
copied to the Democrats saying ‘you know some emails have turned up, we’ve
looked at a lot of emails now it turns out there are even more emails – we
don’t know what’s there, so there’s absolutely no evidence whatsoever that
could be of interest to anyone until we conduct our multi-week, multi-month
investigation but I thought you’d all just like to know.  Now I don’t get
that – that’s violating any number of Justice Dept. protocols and
procedures. "

And this is what Bill Weld had to say about Donald Trump:

​"​
​ ​
see a big difference between the Republican candidate and the Democratic
candidate. And I’ve been at some pains to say that I fear for the country
if Mr. Trump should be elected. I think it’s a candidacy without any
parallel that I can recall. It’s content-free and very much given to
stirring up ambient resentment and even hatred. And I think it would be a
threat to the conduct of our foreign policy and our position in the world
at large.
​ ​
I think he showed in the debates when he encounters criticism or challenge
he behaves the way a bully would. He just doesn’t take it well. He doesn’t
deal well with criticism and blame and I don’t think he could competently
manage the office of the presidency given the criticism and challenge that
you face every single day as the President of the United States. He just
would not be in his element and I think he would wobble off course and I
think the country just can’t have that.
​" ​

 John K Clark