[ExI] Election stuff

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Nov 5 04:07:06 UTC 2016

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of John Clark

>…and yet some people are still babbling about a fucking Email server…   John K Clark​

John, it really isn’t about a server or email, any more than Nixon’s difficulties in 1974 were really about a tape recorder or audio tape.  In that case, it was 26 months between the time we learned something was amiss to the time Nixon called it a day.  Many of us to this day think he might have known his own guys did the Watergate break-in.  So call me a conspiracy theorist.

We first learned something was seriously amiss with Clinton in March 2015.  If history repeats itself, she will get elected even under a cloud of suspicion as did Nixon in 72, end up cutting a deal with Tim Caine for a pardon in about May 2017 as Nixon did with Ford in August 74.  In the meantime, new scandals will erupt about twice a week on average, filling the news cycles.  It is easy enough to see how this will unfold.

Reasoning: before the FBI announcement last week, we knew the leaked communications could have been doctored, since it had been in the possession of any of five hostile foreign governments thought to have accessed Clinton’s unsecured server.  Perhaps they had been doctored by hostile foreign actors.

But now… we have Huma Abedin’s computer which contains a stunning…

six huuundred fifty thoooooooousand messages

and these belong to us.  We can verify any that leak from any other source by comparing to these, and we own them.  They have never been in the hands of foreign actors, we own these.  We paid for them in the form of Huma Abedin’s salary; they are ours, and they are subject to FOIA request.

Julian was right all along: sunlight is the best disinfectant.