[ExI] mutual assured injury

Anders anders at aleph.se
Sat Nov 5 23:08:31 UTC 2016

On 2016-11-05 14:42, Jason Resch wrote:
> A study by Hugh Everett showed even a small nuclear exchange of 100 or
> so nukes would lead to the deaths of billions from radioactive pollution.

Any cites for that? I have not come across anything like that in my
research, and find it implausible.

"The Distribution and Effects of Fallout in Large Nuclear Weapon
Campaigns" was cited by Pauling in his Nobel speech with some numbers
that reached the billion mark, but that paper looked at *optimal*
fallout spreading for maximizing causalities.

--
Dr Anders Sandberg
Future of Humanity Institute