[ExI] mutual assured injury

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Nov 7 03:32:43 UTC 2016

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of John Clark
Sent: Sunday, November 06, 2016 7:24 PM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: Re: [ExI] mutual assured injury

On Sun, Nov 6, 2016 at 9:42 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net <mailto:spike66 at att.net> > wrote:

​> ​

We now know of 650,000 messages on Anthony Wiener’s computer.  Weiner had no security clearance.  How do we know that wasn’t hacked?

​The FBI just told us it makes no difference if Weiner's computer was hacked or not because there was nothing a foreign government would find of interest ​in those 650,000 emails, unless they like pictures of Wiener's dick.

 John K Clark

But how do we know that whatever means that info got to Wiener’s computer was not used to send a pile of stuff somewhere else that still hasn’t been found?  They needed to hide that 18 minutes of audio or 33,000 emails (I do sometimes conflate those two) so they perhaps shuttled them elsewhere.

The real problem here is that even if we can show that the Russians hacked the server, we still don’t know if they were Julian Assange’s source.  He isn’t telling.  But they are being accused.  From the Russian’s point of view, they would be better off holding until after the inauguration.  If the Russians did leak this, we don’t know if they leaked everything they have (my guess is they didn’t.)

They can keep Clinton busy dodging indictments from day one until she finally just decides to announce a medical retirement at about day 70 (my estimate for how long it will take.)