[ExI] Mielik.fi - Retakeable IQ test

kuudes kuudes at leijuvakaupunki.fi
Sat Nov 12 10:11:39 UTC 2016

If I may, I would like to tell of the list that I have made a retakeable
intelligence test to internet on http://mielik.fi.

Mielik's main solution is to the problem that with other current iq
tests we cannot use them multiple times on the same person (at least
within a reasonable timeframe). This causes us many complications,
mainly that we don't have a good device to truly test what effect if any
some intervention has on iq. This comes from the training effect, ie
that the people exposed to the test learn the test's testlets. Mielik
uses Item-response theory based machine learning approach, which allows
it to feed the testee random testlets and yet return a measurement
estimate on the same scale regardless of the testlets chosen.

Currently the system is in public beta, and the main bottleneck now is
to get the test to meet a lot of different people in order to learn
which testlets are easier and which harder. My estimate is that it will
stabilize on N<10000 uses. On internet, this is surprisingly small
population, as another internet iq test, the data of which I have had
the honor of view and analyze, gets more than 1000 users per week.
Before stabilization it will likely give out estimates that are much
more towards the mean than they truly should be.

My personal vision would be to try to change iq testing from current
"MRI machine" approach (costs XXX$ per time, is rarely done) to "home
scale" (costs ~nil per time, can be done privately for personal aims).
Sometimes people like what they see the scale reporting as their weight,
sometimes they don't like that. Nevertheless many people consider it
useful to track how their weight develops over their lifetime and take
some effective interventions to manage their weight development, such as
practicing sports or managing their food intake. I would hope that with
proper instruments, we could develop some truly effective treatments to
maintain our human intelligence to the par of each person possible. My
sincere hope is that mielik.fi will be at least first of such an instrument.

If you want to help, you can:

* send people to take mielik.fi test

* tell me how to propagate the test more widely and motivate me to do so

Thank you!

Yours,

kuudes, lurker of the list for less than 2 years.