[ExI] election

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 01:54:39 UTC 2016

On Sat, Nov 12, 2016 at 5:34 PM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Unless I have missed something, no one has mentioned the Electoral
> Colllege.
>
> I noticed that Hillary won the popular vote but rather badly lost the
> Electoral vote.

There are those who are lobbying the electors to respect the national
popular vote and elect Clinton after all.  We'll see if they can pull it
off.  (If you're in one of the states whose electors are voting for Trump,
and your electors won't face massive legal penalties for switching to
Clinton (there are many states where the penalty is a mere $1,000 fine - or
none at all), maybe you can lobby too, and maybe get your friends in on
it.  See http://shezep.tumblr.com/post/153013276583/notmypresident for
details.

> Why not get rid of th Electoral College?  I am far far from the first to
> recommend that.

Okay, but how?  Not "what are the legal procedures", because it'd just take
a constitutional amendment, but how might one assemble the resources and
utilize the resources to get said amendment through the process?