[ExI] Last political post for a while (I hope)

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 23:35:16 UTC 2016

On Sun, Nov 13, 2016 at 2:27 PM, Darin Sunley <dsunley at gmail.com> wrote:

​> ​
> I don't see where the imminent threat of nuclear annihilation is supposed
> to come from,

Saudi Arabia
​
, South Korea, Japan and Taiwan
​
with a H-bombs for starters. And without NATO a dozen countries in eastern
Europe will feel they must have thermonuclear weapons to protect themselves
from the tyranny of Trump's like minded dictator Vladimir Putin.

> ​> ​
> according to their campaign rhetoric

​Like "I love war" and "I know more about Isis than the Generals do". The
fact that the closest Trump has ever come to combat himself is being in a
military school marching band when he was a kid does not decrease my
unease.  ​

> ​> ​
> the major distinguishing factor between the two side's foreign policy is
> that Trump wants rapprochement and normalization of relations with Russia,

​And Trump wants a escalation in tensions with China, a much more important
country than Russia.​ Stalin normalized relations with Hitler and the
result was a invasion of Poland and the start of World War 2.

> ​> ​
> while Clinton wants a no-fly zone over Syria

​And if that could be accomplished through negotiations with Russia as
Clinton wanted that would be wonderful.

> ​> ​
> and boots on the ground in Eastern Europe to hold the line against alleged
> Red hordes.

​Those boots on the ground have held the peace in Europe for 70 years,
Trump wants boots on the ground in Libya where they'd have to fight from
day one.

John K Clark​