[ExI] cryonics starting to catch on in jolly olde?

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Nov 18 01:52:30 UTC 2016

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dying-uk-girl-convinces-judge-let-her-body-000223
414.html

Dying UK girl convinces judge to let her body be frozen

 <http://www.ap.org/>

GREGORY KATZ

Associated Press <http://www.ap.org/> November 17, 2016

LONDON (AP) - The teenage girl's instructions were direct: She didn't want
to be buried, but to be frozen - with the hope she can continue her life in
the future when cancer is cured.

"I want to live and live longer and I think that in the future they may find
a cure for my cancer and wake me up," the 14-year-old wrote to a judge
before her recent death.

She said "being cryo-preserved gives me a chance to be cured and woken up -
even in hundreds of years' time."

Her plaintive words convinced High Court Judge Peter Jackson to grant her
final wishes in what he called the first case of its kind in England - and
possibly the world.

The judge said the girl had chosen the most basic preservation option at a
cost of about 37,000 pounds ($46,000).

The girl's divorced parents disagreed about the procedure, with the mother
favoring it and the father initially saying no.